The World Of Work Has Evolved
- Working 9 to 5 has been replaced by working anytime from anywhere.
- Pre-defined work has been replaced by fluid workflows across teams.
- Information hoarding has been replaced by information sharing.
- Email has been replaced by real time collaboration and messaging.
- Salesforce Chatter has been replaced by Slack.
Did you catch that last one? Yeah, we thought so.
This means Chatter isn’t the answer, and we get it. Change is hard. But we’re here to help.
The new competitive advantage is here. It combines collaboration, community, and workflow into one seamless experience that is digital and Slack native.
As organizations begin to realize the value of going all in on collaboration, those that miss this opportunity will be stuck playing catch up, or simply be left behind.
Chatter had its promise: to unite conversations around an individual record in Salesforce – so long as everyone was in Salesforce, and everyone else cared about that record. Everyone had to be in Chatter.
But conversations have a fluidity to them that Chatter struggles with – and this is where Slack takes over. More on that later.
- Not real time – This forces you to wait … wait …………. wait for that email to come back telling you someone responded.
- Email still sucks – When you respond in Chatter, you wait for next response … to then respond again in Chatter. Emails are messy, they bury tribal knowledge, and reset a process that is not scalable.
- Limited to the way your Salesforce data is organized – The way your data is structured dictates how and where you collaborate in Chatter. Your data should serve the conversation – no matter where and when they happen.
Your data should be meeting your teams where they work, which requires that messaging apps and enterprise workflows be integrated around the way employees organize their work, rather than they way the organization dictates.
Why Slack Wins
As messaging pervades our daily lives, organizations are consolidating on Slack to drive productivity and in turn bring the benefits of collaboration to employees and customers both inside and outside the four walls of the enterprise.
What if teams could transact in the places where they collaborate in Slack? What if they could manage their daily workflows entirely within Slack? What if they could access the right enterprise data at the right time – minimizing distractions while accelerating the speed of the enterprise to compete? It begins by coming to terms with the fact that the team – not the individual contributor – is the new secret to enterprise success on Slack.
- Conversations are real time – all the time – Conversations are fluid, they happen in real time, and they are organized by how teams work.
- Personalization is built in – Managing notifications, channels, membership, and when to broadcast to everyone versus a few is built in, and you control what matters most.
- Slack is a Platform – It’s an extendable platform to build your SaaS stack! And you can integrate your enterprise data by simply plugging in Salesforce integrations like Woobot.
- Support on any device – The mobile experience is awesome on Slack day one.
- Align to a true account based model – Support and manage customer success they way you define it, not the way it’s stored in Salesforce.
- Integrate tho whole company – Conversations happen everywhere, not just in Salesforce.
- Block Kit – Woobot leverages Slack’s Block Kit, a fully integrated UI built natively in Slack that combines people and the data they need to get work done in Slack.
Organizations need to move beyond simply connecting their enterprise clouds together and calling it a day. With Slack this vision becomes realized by an enterprise stack of solutions that you can plug into your SaaS stack. Every business is now a software-led business – whether they like it or not. Capturing that value, and enabling your teams to get work done where they already spend their day in Slack is what will distinguish the leaders who can make the transition.
The disruption this is causing represents an opportunity to blend technology, change management, and process transformation as enterprises look to harness this new competitive edge – armed with a unique blend of data and workflow that seamlessly threads itself within the context of messaging.
Do You Have To Choose?
Yes You do. But you can do it in a way that is strategic and driven by your unique business processes along with the needs of teams working across business functions!
- Your customer Data should live in Salesforce
- Your Conversations should live in Slack
- Because Slack is where Work. Gets. Done.
But … why can’t these platforms update each other in real time from anywhere these important conversations are happening in Slack?
With Woobot … they can.
And it takes less than 5 minutes to do it.
Woobot Smart Threads To The Rescue
While you transition to Slack from Chatter, the need to memorialize record updates and conversation in Salesforce doesn’t go away! It just takes on a different meaning.
With Woobot Smart Threads for Slack, teams can now bring important Salesforce intelligence right into Slack AND Salesforce so your teams critical workflows, team hand-offs, and collaboration across the organization happens where they work!
- Your teams work in slack
- Their workflows happen in Slack
- Your Salesforce data is updated at the record level in Salesforce
Deploying a Smart Thread on any Salesforce object is quick and easy: simply pick which channel in Slack to drive the conversation, and all threaded messages will also be made available in Slack and Salesforce!
- Add the Woobot Lightning Component to your Object layout (in this example a Case) and pick your Slack channel to publish
- Woobot notifies that channel that a Smart Thread has been deployed – being sure to @mention the publisher so everyone knows who is making things awesome
- Conversation threads in Slack happen as usual, while the team works together to resolve issues
- Salesforce captures these conversations, and attaches them nice and neatly on the Case record in Salesforce – including emoji’s
- Commenting in Salesforce is also supported, and will update Slack so everyone can stay in the flow
Bringing It All Together
Internal and external conversations across your teams need to be informed by the data driving the decision making.
Organizations need to move beyond simply connecting their enterprise clouds together and calling it a day. This data also needs to meet employees where they work, which requires that messaging apps and enterprise workflows be integrated around the way employees organize their work, rather than the way the organization dictates. When time is of the essence, every minute saved allows your teams to get back to being productive in Slack!
The business side of the enterprise is demanding better access to their data and workflows within Slack. The traditional answers to these needs were met with poorly planned IT initiatives that attempted to extend systems that were never meant to deliver these capabilities or worse yet, a litany of point solutions (often built in-house) whose data was either inaccessible or poorly integrated.
No longer can the enterprise allow their teams to be stranded on remote islands of outdated communication systems far away from where employees and customers are gathering. How these empowered teams will work – including how they use apps and their data is fundamentally changing, and it’s happening at an unprecedented pace.
The time is now.
The power of the Slack platform, coupled with Woobot’s deep Salesforce integration, now allows enterprises to harness this new competitive edge – supported by a unique blend of Salesforce data and workflow that seamlessly threads itself within Slack.
It’s pretty simple.
We want to make working with enterprise data as easy as chatting in Slack because it just makes sense.
Now it’s your turn to experience the magic!